New York's hospitals are likely to be heavily congested due to the outbreak of the coronavirus.
It warns the mayor of New York City, Bill de Blasio, on.
- If we do not get more ventilators within the next ten days, is going to die people who do not have to die, says the mayor to the tv station CNN on Sunday.
- We are about ten days from the to see the widespread lack of respirators, masks and everything that is necessary to keep a hospitalssystem running.
He calls for the military to step in to prevent the care system collapsing.
Bill de Blasio fear that the eruption triggering the biggest crisis, the UNITED states has experienced since the great economic downturn in the 1930s.
- It is, therefore, that we should have mobilized the military, and we need Congress to act, as if we are on the way towards the next great depression.
- The worst we have still to good, he warns, according to the AFP news agency.
the State of New York now has over 15,000 corona-smittetilfælde. It is more infected than countries like France and south Korea.
It shall notify the delstatsguvernør Andrew Cuomo, according to the tv station CNBC at his daily press conference on Sunday.
- New York city tests more people than any other state in the country and - if you measure pr. capita - more than any country on the globe, says Cuomo, according to CNBC.
In the whole UNITED states there is confirmed a little over 27,000 smittetilfælde, shows a statement from the Johns Hopkins University, which shall determine the number of infected people in New York lower than the governor, namely 12.323.
In the entire UNITED states is 347 people died after being infected with the coronavirus. Of them came 76 dead from the state of New York, shows the inventory from the Johns Hopkins University.
Governor Cuomo does, however, set the death toll to 114.
In the state of Washington, located in the north-west of the UNITED states, according to the Johns Hopkins University registered 94 died as a result of coronasmitte.