In October, Kirsten Birgit Schiøtz Kretz Hørsholm, denmark, satireprogrammet 'The Short Radioavis' in the ether for the last time, when Radio24syv closed and turned off.
But now, the two comedians behind the satireprogrammet, Frederik Cilius and Rasmus Bruun, decided to revive it with the program 'The Short CoronAvis'.
In 'The Short CoronAvis' announces the fictitious Kirsten Birgit Schiøtz Kretz Hørsholm, that she will make a daily news report on the corona virus pandemic, and the first paragraph goes, among other things, that Kirsten Birgit sets out to empty the just-deceased journalist Karen Thisted's apartment.
Danish celebrity - 16. mar. 2020 - pm. 22:17 Jes Dorph shelves Karen Thisted: Hugely fun and insanely talented
- I have to clean up at the home of Karen. It was Ulla who just called. We must stand for the deceased's estate. It is terrible with all those who ask clogs, says Kirsten Birgit in the program.
- It is a decent job, she (Karen Thisted, red.) has left to us. I'm happy to tell you. Having to stand there in her apartment together with Ulla - it is not to keep out. You know how She is, then she begins to dusting, and so I say: 'Let this shit lie. First we need to have all this dung out', she says further, and says that the only thing that was left in the Thisted's apartment was a scroll 'lokumspapir'.
Kirsten Birgit is resurrected in 'The Short CoronAvis', where first section, among other things, is about Karen Thisted, who died two days ago. Photo: Adrian Joachim
And just the fact that the program is being made satire about Karen Thisted, who died Monday morning, has fallen more for the chest.
So the new title of 'The Short CoronAvis' among other things been a writer and debater, Ditte Giese to the keys on the social media.
'I think me and the short go every one into his own now. This is damn too much for my taste and my sore heart over Karen's untimely death', she writes on her Facebook profile and is complemented by a journalist Mette Bird, who has known Karen Thisted for many years.
'It is inexcusable. And I'm one of the terrible, who holds a grudge', she writes on.
Danish celebrity - 16. mar. 2020 - pm. 17:29 Ill Bjerrehuus in great sorrow: - It hurts to lose her
Karen Thisted died Monday morning in his own home in Copenhagen, after she had called 112 and told that she experienced breathing problems. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe/Ritzau Scanpix
Also designer and modeekspert Jim Lyngvild is outraged that you're doing satire about Karen Thisted, so shortly after her death.
- I think it is very distasteful. There must be a lower limit for what humor can be used to. They just want attention. But there are limits to what you are doing fun with. This is obnoxious and distasteful. There are people out there who don't even have their mother in the ground yet, so this is so disgusting, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
- Kirsten Birgit get just that out of it, she will have, she is hiding behind the figure, and there can be so perfid, as you want to. I love Kirsten Birgit, but just to make fun of a man who died two days ago, it is over the limit.
According to Jim Lyngvild were the duo behind 'The Short Radioavis' therefore have thought an extra time before they decided to make fun of Karen Thisted.
- Frederik and Rasmus is blazingly gifted. They know how to get opmæksomhed. This is pure selfishness for pure gain. It is only the dollar signs. It is so disgusting. There are probably many idiots out there who will think it is skidesjovt and laugh with. I can not accept, he says in hard vendninger.
Jim Lyngvild will find certainly not the video of Karen Thisted funny. Photo: Tim Kildeborg Jensen
As Extra the Blade catches the Rasmus Bruun, who is one of the men behind 'The Short Radioavis', over the phone, he is surprised by the criticism, the program has fostered.
'The Short Radioavis' or 'The Short CoronAvis' is a program that always dealt with the time we live in and the current things that are happening. Whether it is terrorist attacks or the death of a folkekær journalist. We make a virtue out of talking about it, he says, and continues:
- Just Karen Thisted is one of Kirsten Birgits close friends, and therefore we treat also their fictional relationship. It is a fictitious relationships, Kirsten has been good friends with Karen Thisted, in and with that Kirsten is fictional. We have no idea how Karen Thisted live, or how much she stirs. We are not aware about on a realistic level. We have dealt with in a fictional environment, even if she was a real, live person. We have had her in the program, where she almost acts as a debil person with Downs, but it is not because we hate Karen Thisted. It is fictional, and it is satire.
- But is there not a limit to how far one can go with satire?
- There is a limit to how far one can go. The problem is that the limit is individual from person to person. Personally, I have not thought that it was going to be over the border (to have Karen Thisted in the programme, red.). We do not make fun of her as a person. We treat her in a fictive environment. But I understand that people can perceive it as such. I can't control what people think is fun, he says.
- But do you understand this criticism, which will be addressed by you?
- I have not discovered, that there should be an outright shitshorm. But it is clear that it is close to for those who knew her. For them, it may well be, they do not find it particularly amusing, he says, and stresses:
- But I don't think we went too hard to the Karen Thisted.