Like so many other leagues are the Spanish La Liga in the currently quiet because of the coronavirus, and as in the other leagues, the big question is whether and when it will be resumed again.
the President of the La Liga has partly an answer to the question. He is not in doubt that the season will probably be resumed. He just don't know when.
he told the Spanish radio station Cope.
- We have 100 different commitments to 100 different operators around the world, and if there is no football, we serve no money. We are working to see if we can get adapted to the calendar in order to reduce the economic losses that will come.
- It is hard also difficult for Europe's big clubs, not just the small. The big play in Europe and earn a lot of money, says Javier Tebas, and continues:
- If tournaments are canceled, the earnings is less. All budgets will be less, if not the season will be over. But I am convinced that it does, says La Liga president.
He is well aware that also this summer's european championship finals is in danger, and will as far as possible he also have played as planned.
- We must see how we finished the season, we have a serious problem, if not the EM-finals will be played.
- of course, We must give priority to health, but it is a very important element for the economy, says Tebas, who are anxiously awaiting Tuesday's meeting of UEFA, which may have an influence on the summer finals.
See also: Play on despite corona: - It is the right solution
See also: Defender of the Danish decision: - We were almost isolated
Sports and Games Debriefing from Melbourne: F1 stands in shit to the neck