The well-known Danish designer hotel Bella Sky, which is one of the largest in scandinavia, has chosen to close down due to coronavirussen.
It confirms the director of the BC Hospitality Group, Allan Agerholm, facing the Extra Leaf.
- Bella Sky, we've just closed down today, he says.
It is, however, not all staff at the four-star hotel with 812 rooms, which have been dismissed.
- We should open again, says the director, and continues:
- It is probably accumulated about 50 to 60 people who have been fired, and so there are quite a few who are sent home during the opportunities we've got with the different packages, he says.
the Redundancies are in all types of jobs. From assistant to management.
- We have repatriated the vast majority of the contractual, and then we moved someone to the Hotel Mariott, where we have the last of the guests, says Allan Agerholm.
Although there was still a little guests back, so considered that it was not optimal to continue the operation.
- There is little guests back, but not something that makes sense, when you drift a house in the size. But we are far from the only one. Hotels are closing down all over the place, he says.
the Timescale in relation to a re-opening is impossible to answer.
- It depends entirely on how this disease develops in the world. You can guess just as well as me.
- We take one day at a time. But it is probably on this side of 1. april with what happened last night. It is not realistic, unless there comes some new signals from the myndighderne.
last week, reported the hotel chain out, that you would lay off 350 employees due to coronavirussen. Overall, the group has 900 employees, and thus there is more than one third of employees.
Coronavirussen has resulted in a significant decrease in the number of nights, and many events have been cancelled.