on Monday morning died Karen Thisted in his home in Copenhagen.
She was 73 years old.
It confirmed her daughter, Marlene Thisted, earlier Monday to Ekstra Bladet.
the News came as a shock to most - also for Jes Dorph-Petersen, who taught Karen Thisted to know when she in 1993 was his boss on TV2 News.
- It came as a lightning from a clear sky, he says, and tells about his first reaction to the news:
- Just as I saw that she was dead, I thought the same, as all others have thought; it was too early. She was only 73. And it is just sad, he strikes fast.
Danish celebrity - 16. mar. 2020 - pm. 14:04 Karen Thisted's death
Jes Dorph-Petersen learned Karen Thisted to know in 1993. Photo: Mathias Bojesen/Ritzau Scanpix
Jes Dorph-Petersen stresses that he has been close friends with Karen Thisted in recent years.
- Karen and I have not had such a close relationship that we ran each other at the doors, but we've been colleagues and friends for many years - especially when we were together on TV2. Since we have also kept in touch with each other. It is not so long ago, I met her in the city, he says.
The last meeting took place at Café Dan Turell, where the two randomly ran into each other.
- I have to pee, and then I went in there, because I just wanted to buy an espresso at the same time. So she sat there with the Suzanne Bjerrehuus, and it ended up that we sat and talked for half an hour and got examined a lot from the old days.
Karen Thisted was 73 years old. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe/Ritzau Scanpix
Danish celebrity - 16. mar. 2020 - pm. 17:29 Ill Bjerrehuus in great sorrow: - It hurts to lose her
Jes Dorph-Petersen, has a lot of good memories about Karen Thisted.
- I will remember Karen as a huge profile and very colorful. She was hugely fun, full of ideas and insanely talented. She was a hugely accomplished journalist for the colored fabric, as she did in the 'Eleva2ren', but she was also a very wise man, who had a great sense of justice to journalism, he says, and continues:
Jes Dorph and Karen Thisted met each other when she was redaktionschef on TV 2 News, where Jes Dorph was employed together with, among others, Niels Brinch and Jens Gaardbo.
Here she perfectly into a social, while she professionally was to create a different life.
Karen was very quick part of it's life and the pioneering spirit, as we called it at the time. It was like a whirlwind into the store, she came with a different background. We were a little more nyhedsjournalistisk oriented, and then she came with a background on the 'Eleva2ren', which was her masterpiece. People undervalue often, how much importance she had for the program.
- With most bosses can figure out what they come with. But it could not be with her. She had the ability to see our subjects is much broader than many others, so she was a mystery of ideas. It is wildly positive thought, for she could see a story in things, which we could not, tells Jes Dorph-Petersen.
Intl. known - 9. mar. 2020 - pm. 13:12 Max von Sydow is death
He says, that one never was in doubt, when she was nearby.
- She was enormously loud, and she understated his own presence in a room. When you entered a room, where she was, she always expressed that she was happier than ever to see one. She was very cordial and enormously amusing.
- She is one of the funniest bosses I've had, he strikes fast.
Karen Thisted was in 1993 redaktionschef for TV2 News, where, among other Jens Gaardbo was employed. Photo: Palle Hedemann/Ritzau Scanpix
TV2-host Jens Gaardbo has worked together with Karen Thisted in his years on TV2.
He remembers back at her with a smile.
- I worked with Karen. Especially in the turbulent days when TV2 was still new, he says, and continues:
- I will always remember her for a particular combination of the intuitive, the imaginative and the thoughtful. And she was fun. She was good company, and she managed many genres in our profession, " he says.
See also: Luke Graham in grief