- My wife and I have just been in Elgigantens store in Aalborg, where we had a very unpleasant experience.
One of the guards and several of the staff in the mobile phone. the department took pictures of us - just because we had medical masks on.
They laughed and stared and took their pictures without asking if they could.
- And when we confronted one of them, and asked what it was he was doing, he said just that he was about to check his messages.
- As if......
that was the gist of it Wednesday from Nick from north on it to go with mundbind/mask to take care of themselves and others – and then be exhibited by employees in a store.
Nick has his reasons for going with the mask on them you can read below, where you can also read what Elgigantens comment for Nick and the wife's complaint is. His letter continues namely as follows:
- In this difficult time when you are trying to protect themselves and the weakest in our society against the virus, which paralyzes our country at the moment, it is very disturbing and tasteless that such a thing can happen.
- It is not a good way to treat customers.
- It was about 12 o'clock and the reason why we have masks on, is that in our close family is the whole three persons with chronic illnesses, who are at risk.
- I am a trained paramedic, and feel that it is important to try to protect the weakest as much as possible.
- But it is clear that the Elkjøp – or at least some of their employees – not taking this virus seriously.
- We have sent a complaint, as we haven't got answers to yet.
- Frivolous, writes Nick, but according to the answer Elkjøp has sent to the nation!, so he has no reason to feel badly treated:
- It goes without saying that the described is not a behavior that we want.
- Therefore, we have also investigated the circumstances thoroughly, and it is on that basis not a sequence of events, which we can recognize.
- We do everything we can to take good care of both our employees and customers in the current serious and difficult situation.
- we do It e.g. with the keen posters in the shops and large range of stickers on our floors to ensure that customers keep the necessary distance to each other and our employees, and we are just appreciative of the customers who are in a difficult situation do something extra to take care of themselves and others, writes Lars Jensen, varehuschef in Aalborg, who have 'distance-marked', and put up posters, so customers and employees can take care of each other.