Each day get the Lars Christensen the help of elder care.
He has lost both legs and is subject to his wont help with everything from cleaning to bleskifte.
Therefore, it awakens also the concern of the 70-year-old retiree from Valby in Copenhagen, to home care workers to visit elderly and infirm, even if they are hosted on, or have given the hand with a coronasmittet.
Only if they have symptoms, they should take home.
He believes that the home-help services should be sent home, alone if you have been in close contact with a coronasmittet.
- Yes, it I think. Absolutely. They can get to infect others, says Lars Christensen.
- We keep a certain distance to each other. Two-three metres, if not more. Usually I run into in the bedroom, while she goes and makes a clean. It is in order to avoid infection, says Lars Christensen. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
the national board of Health recommends that employees in the health and care sector continues to go to work, even if they have been in close contact with a person infected with coronavirus.
the Guidelines are sent out to the national Association of Local authorities and the country's regions on Friday in last week, and here it appears that employees in the health care sector have to meet at work, even if one has been hosted on a coronasmittet.
What is the close contact
Persons from the same household as a person who have got demonstrated covid-19.
People with direct physical contact, for example by giving hand, with a person that has been shown covid-19.
Persons who have had direct contact with infectious secretions from the person, as has been demonstrated covid-19, for example, if one has been hosted on or affected a used handkerchief.
Persons with close contact 'face-to-face' within two metres for more than 15 minutes, for example, the conversation with the person, as has been demonstrated covid-19.
Persons who have been in a closed environment, such as a classroom or meeting room, for more than 15 minutes and with less than 2 meters distance from the person who have got demonstrated covid-19.
health Professionals and others who have participated in the care of a patient with covid-19, and not using protective equipment at the prescribed ways.
(Source: Danish Health and medicines authority)
According to Allan Randrup Thomsen, professor in experimental virology at the University of Copenhagen, denmark, there are major problems with the guidelines. There are indications, indeed, that one can be contagious before you get symptoms.
- We know with a reasonable degree of certainty, that good can be contagious right up to the symptoms, so there is a window of one to two days, where you in principle can infect both colleagues, the elderly and patients, if one follows the guidelines, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
He does not believe that the guidelines are well thought through.
- I am thinking that they (the national board of Health ed.) must be very hard-pressed, and I think also, that it is not completely thought out. From a smittespredningsmæssigt point of view it is not optimal, he says.
Just the older has otherwise repeatedly been told that they are at risk.
it is Therefore not appropriate, to staff in the health care sector should not be sent home if they have been in direct contact with a coronasmittet.
- I do not think it is appropriate. It I must admit.
- I believe that if you go and rubs at his workplace, so it can hit other colleagues, which one has use for, because you squeeze the lemon so much, but also patients and the elderly, as it has dealings with, says Allan Randrup Thomsen.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Municipalities follow the recommendation
the Municipalities are taking the Health rules for themselves.
the Extra Leaf is the possession of the internal mail sent to employees in Kolding Municipality, where employees in the health and care sector get the message that they must go to work, even though they have been in close contact with a coronasmittet.
Thomas Boe, there is kommunaldirektør in Kolding Municipality, confirms the operation.
- We care of course about our staff, but since we do not have the medical background, as they have in the national board of Health, we have chosen to follow the agency's advice and guidance and give it on to our employees and managers, he says.
the Extra Leaf has been in contact with a number of other municipalities, including Aarhus, Odense and Copenhagen. They follow all the National guidelines.
board of Health: We are careful
Bolette Søborg, who is chief physician at the Danish Health and medicines authority, denies that the national board of Health plays havoc with the older people's health, when you leave residential care and go to work, even if you are hosted on, or have given the hand with a coronasmittet.
- if you Are extra careful when letting the home care workers, who have been in close contact with infected people, visit the elderly, until they are showing symptoms?
- It is, of course, that first one really is infectious when you get symptoms.
- It is very unclear whether there is a small risk in the days leading up to, but one thing is for sure: the One is infectious, when you can send the drops over on other people or on themselves.
- Since when is it become very unclear whether you can infection, even if you do not show symptoms?
- There is much we do not know about the corona virus yet. We know that one is transmitted by droplets, which should on to people, and when you do not cough and sneeze, it is inherently much more difficult to throw drops over on the other.
- So when you do not produce secretions or cough, so you can spread the virus, it is difficult to be infectious.
- Commons the government, the queen and other authorities as just, as they again and again said that we can be carriers of the virus, without us knowing it?
- No, I don't believe it, but when you communicate, so it must be understandable, and as soon as one takes a lot of advances with, it's harder to get the message in addition to the ramp.
- Would in the best of all worlds would like to send home-help services home, if the person concerned has been in contact with a coronasmittet, even if the person does not show symptoms?
- We recommend that those who have been exposed to infection, going to work, unless they show symptoms, and now when we have infection out in the community, we would simply not be able to maintain critical societal functions, because we potentially can be exposed.
- it Is not a problem?
- Why not?
- Because you need to take home, when you are infectious.
- You have said that you can be infectious even if you don't show symptoms ...
- The risk of infection is so that the you take.
- it Is not a problem?
- I think that you got the answer before.