Formula 1-the season should be launched at the weekend in Australia, but also it got coronavirussen put a stop to.
Long looked like it otherwise, that the race would be run, and the late cancellation means a lot of wasted resources.
tyre Manufacturer Pirelli can so tell that you have to dispose of no less than 1800 mounted tires, because the cancellation came on Friday.
We finished mounting the tires on Thursday afternoon and so we had to dismantle everything again, says Pirelli chief Mario Isola, Motorsport.com.
And the tires can not be used again for another run. This is because the risk that it could lead to tiny damage when the tyres removed from the rim.
At the races in Europe can mounted tires are transported via road, so they can be reused, but it is impossible at the overseas races as it is in Australia.
For the upcoming grandprixer so far no problems - unless the cancellation is again coming at the last moment.
- the Tyres for the Bahrain and Vietnam are already there, but they are no problem.
- We use sea freight to most decks, and they are in thermal controlled containers, so it is like to have them in stock.
- If there are further cancellations, so we can use them in a different place. The only problem are the tires already mounted, says Pirelli boss.
He promises that in the future, in consultation with the manufacturer of the rims will try to find a way where you can unmount the tires and still drive on them.
As it is now, so smoking the tires, however, not directly in the trash.
- We are crushing the tyres to get them in fewer containers, and then we send them back to England, where we recycle them in a cement plant.
- We burn them at high temperature and creates energy, but not pollution.
- We examine many possible ways of recycling Formula 1 tires, but at the moment is how we do, " says Isola.
By the normal Formula 1 races outside Europe treasurer to around 560 tyres, if there is vejrproblemer, but with 1800 scrap tyres in Australia there are an unprecedented amount of waste.