on Tuesday, sat all of Europe's football fans and waited to see what UEFA would do with this summer's european championship finals.
Somewhat surprisingly, it was the Norwegian football association NFF, who were the first in the world with the official announcement that EM was deferred to 2021. A report was quoted the world over.
UEFA has determined that the EM utsettes to 2021. It should be played from 11. June 11. July next year. Mer informasjon comes.— NorgesFotballforbund (@nff_info) March 17, 2020
But how could Norway make it official at 13.17, when UEFA first came officially out right after the bell 15?
The Norwegian football association recognises that they have made a blunder and have also regretted for the UEFA.
- We have been mercilessly open, and we were simply a little too fast, says the secretary-general of the NFF, Pål Bjerketvedt, to NRK.
- It was so obvious what the decision would be, and when it was confirmed, so we chose to go out with the confirmation, because the pressure from the media had been so great.
- But of course, we had to have waited for the official press release came from UEFA a few hours later, " says Bjerketvedt.
We was litt for kjappe on avtrekkeren earlier in the day, but here are uansett the offisielle decision from UEFA to EM moved to the next year. Playoff match against Serbia shall, after the plan is played in June of this year. https://t.co/HDP5ik8LOP— NorgesFotballforbund (@nff_info) March 17, 2020
Fodboldforbundets communications officer Mari stanisic brought Waagard also acknowledges that something went wrong.
- We got the message from a meeting, that it was fine to put it out, so we did.
- of course We had not published it, if we had not got the message that it was ok, says Waagard to VG.
the Director of communications and samfundskontakt in the NFF, Gro Tved Anderssen, is also flat to down.
- As the number of retweets shot in the weather, and the foreign media began to retweet us, so felt we well, what had happened.
- But there is how in a digital world, that it is out, it's out, she says to VG.
EM 2020 has been to EM 2021. Photo: Anton Vaganov/Ritzau Scanpix
the NFF has subsequently had a fine dialogue with UEFA on bommerten and back only to find out about Norway mon qualify for the EM finals, which now takes place from 11. June 11. July in the summer of 2021.
Norway must first get through two playoff matches to get to EM, and the first hurdle is Serbia.
When these matches will be played is yet to be seen, but in Norway there is talk of postponement of the EM can be an advantage, since you have a very young and talented team that only gets better with time.
See also: Secret meeting on the express kongetransfer
See also: End of the nightmare: FCM-exit before time
See also: Stjernespiller finished in topklub after coronakritik
Sports and Games Grotesque fejldom: the System has failed!