There is not sufficient capacity in all locations to test the care and health workforce with mild symptoms of the coronavirus.
It says Anders attractive décor with wooden flooring, the chairman of the Danish society of General Medicine.
- When there are some of these professional groups, who experience to bump his forehead against the wall, it is partly that the new updated guidelines just to break through.
- But it's also about that there is the necessary testkapacitet all places. For example, the lack of capacity in the Capital Region, he says.
the Danish society of General Medicine has 5000 members, and the majority are practitioners.
It is precisely the practitioners, who must search the employees in question to a test for the coronavirus.
It applies to employees who perform critical functions in the health service, in care of the elderly and in the stakes for the socially disadvantaged.
But several nursing homes, reports on the problems for their employees to get access to the further tests.
Also in the Danish Sygeplejeråd president Grete Christensen heard from members who can not be tested.
- We find that many have been rejected and have been told that it is not possible to have this test, she says.
Employees who have mild symptoms of the coronavirus, should be at home.
even if a test would be able to ensure a quick clarification of whether they have coronavirus or just a light cold.
It does according to the president of the Danish Sygeplejerådet a lot of pressure on my colleagues, who already runs strong.
- They are flat, because it says the guidelines that they must. But they have a bad conscience, because my colleagues so have to run extra fast.
In the Danish Health and medicines authority says center director Camilla Rathcke, that have not heard about, that there would be a lack of capacity to test.
- Our guideline says that people with light to moderate symptoms, performing a critical function in the health and care of the elderly, should be able to refer to the test for a quick clarification.
- But the guideline is pretty new, so there are probably many who just need to get updated, what is in it, she says.