Coronavirussen have thrown his nasty, contagious hand down over – virtually - all over the world, and very few people can well say that it affects their everyday lives
neither Denmark's most expensive footballer, Joachim Andersen, who was sold to Lyon in the summer for 225 million dollars.
Like most of the european football has the virus also put the best French superliga in the sleep mode.
It went suddenly strong in the last week, as Lyon had to prepare for yet another battle in the early start of spring.
- We had to play against Reims last Friday, We met on the night of the match to make us ready for the showdown, but it was then cancelled, so instead trained we just. It was a special situation, as I've never tried before.
Joachim Andersen in action for his French club, Lyon. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
- As we went home, we were told by the club that we should be back on Tuesday, but already on Monday we were informed that we should be away from the club indefinitely. And then it was, that I hurried to go to Denmark with my girlfriend, because we would rather be here than in France, in the midst of crisis, says Andersen.
The two have now temporarily settled in Joachim's father's apartment in Copenhagen.
Only from a distance therefore, could consider the lockdown, which hit France very soon after, the Danish couple, turned its nose toward home.
- We did not experience lockdownen. We managed just get rid outside of it. A few hours after we flew, there was lockdown in France. There was, of course, the chaos at the airport, and there was much queue when we were home.
- How do you get time to go in Denmark and holds the mold at right now, where you can drøne down on the nearest turf with teammates?
- It is limited what we can do. I've got a program of the club, which I must follow, and so I have borrowed some equipment from a friend, now where the gyms are also closed. But it is frustrating that we do not know when we shall be back, so I just try to keep me in time.
Joachim Andersen trying to keep in shape on kondicyklen in his father's apartment in Copenhagen. Private
- What do you think of the whole situation with the virus and the fear of who it can go beyond ?
- I've talked with my grandparents. They are a little nervous, but they live in the country, where there are not many people, thankfully.
- So right now I am waiting the situation and trying to fit my workouts in the best way possible. Otherwise, I, along with my family, which I do not see very often. My mother, father and sister. The friends must wait for it here is over, says Joachim Andersen.
- Some using all that extra time on projects or get started in a hobby. What do you do? You must to crochet or have the time in a proper place workroom? the
- Haha, I don't know yet. I actually have not had as much time yet. I have only been home in Denmark in three days, so I should just find me to the right. But it may well be, I begin to crochet, if this continues long enough, reads it with a grin from Denmark's most expensive footballer.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
Joachim Andersen hope for many more appearances in the red/white landsholdstrøje. Photo: Lars PoulsenEM-CANCELLATION AN ADVANTAGE
because of coronavirussen as UEFA itself – not surprisingly – had to postpone this summer's planned european championships in football, so the clubs can reach to wind up the season in June, where it was envisaged that the finals should be played.
An inevitable decision. But also a choice that has implications for a number of Danish football players. Both positively and negatively.
- How do you see really the whole cancellation of the EM? This makes your situation worse or better?
- It is a super-weird situation. But there was nothing to do. There are no other options.
Extra Leaf was on the sidelines in the summer when Joachim Andersen was a student. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
- well, I believe I had come with no matter what. But it is clear that I also get one more year to play me closer at startelleveren. There will also be a new coach, who maybe looking with new eyes. It is also exciting to see what he thinks, so that way it's fine enough for me, " says Andersen.
EM should instead be settled in the summer of 2021, where it still is the plan, that Denmark should play their three preliminary group stage matches at home in the Park. Friday came, the UEFA new reports on the finals. Read them here.
Sports and Games EM is exposed: Here are the winners and the big losers
Sports and Games Superløn and-luxury-life: Came home to Denmark's Series A-mate