Tuesday was a sad day for NRJ and MTV Radio.
on a day where the queen called for unity, got several well-known danes are the sad message, that unfortunately no longer afford them.
the Reason? Declining advertising sales due to the coronavirus.
It confirms the co-owner Philip Lundsgaard.
- unfortunately, It is true, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
Danish royal - 17. mar. 2020 - pm. 21:53 did you notice the details behind the queen?
He confirms that it is all the hosts that have been terminated. Thus also names such as 'Paradise Hotel'host Rikke Gøransson, the model Oliver Bjerrehuus and DJ Nicoline Toft.
He indicates a failing advertising sales as the reason for the redundancies. Typical advertising on NRJ and MTV Radio is, for example, cinemas and museums that will advertise an exhibition. When everything is closed, marked it on the economy.
- We have almost been grædefærdige, my partner and I, but there was no other options. It is very sad, but we hope there will be better times, so we can employ them all again about a half or a whole year. But right now we need to look at the short term, just like the government does, says Philip Lundsgaard.
'Paradise Hotel'host is among the fired. Photo: Linda Johansen
He stresses that you will continue to living with the radio, however, will be non-stop music with added commercials, as he puts it.
- the Radio is running on pure fun, and I have contacted all of our creditors and asked for the postponement, he says, and continues:
- We do everything possible not to close. Right now we are running non-stop music with the commercials, that is. It is all that gets hit by it here, and it can be felt. We advertise also to physiotherapists and chiropractors, but they also have closed, he says, and returns again back to the real victims in this case: the hosts, that are now without a job.
- They were very bored by it all. Most come with suggestions for what you could do, but we can not do otherwise than to dismiss them. It was with tears in her eyes, it was a really tough day yesterday. We have a great team, and they had just found the rhythm, everyone. It is simply too bad, sugar he.
Danish royal - 17. mar. 2020 - pm. 20:06 Queen Margrethe: - It is thoughtless to keep celebrations
Philip Lundsgaard states that each have a one-month notice of termination, and that the hosts will continue to make a bit for the radio. Oliver Bjerrehuus, Rikke Gøransson and Nicoline Toft is not among.
Ekstra Bladet has tried in vain to get a comment from Oliver Bjerrehuus and Rikke Gøransson.