Coronavirussens influence on the Danish economy can be felt for Shelli Greve Otkjær, who operates a small pet shop in Vildbjerg in west Jutland.
He has lost two thirds of its turnover in its sole proprietorship ago coronavirussen really started to show its ugly face in Denmark. Customers come simply no more.
- There are no people. There will be no customers. Friday and Saturday, where we usually have the largest circulation, there were, respectively, only four and six customers.
- Normally I am not so easy to shake, but I will say, it is scary that it has come so far that a small shop like my risk to be luknings and konkurstruet, if not soon, something happens, " says Shelli Greve Otkjær to Ekstra Bladet.
Shelli Greve Otkjær likely to go bankrupt because of coronaviruses. Photo: Private
Monday, the ministry of finance a hastelovforslag, among other things, is intended to benefit small traders as Shelli. The proposal will mean that companies get extended their payment deadlines for tax and vat.
But it's no use, reads it from the pet store.
- No, it does not have any effect. To postpone the vat and tax, it is fine enough, but if we do not have any income, then there is no vat to pay anyway. So it does not have any effect, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
the pet store has operated his store for six years and has a turnover of around 2 million. dollars a year. His business is called a sole proprietorship. It means that he is liable personally for the debt in case of bankruptcy.
- If this continues a month more, I must see if I must terminate my lease and get sold it all, says Shelli Greve Otkjær, who has a girlfriend and three children living at home.
the Article continues under the picture...
Shelli Greve Otkjær do not believe that håndsrækningen from the government is sufficient. Photo: Private
- It is going to have fatal consequences. If I have to close, I risk both to go personally bankrupt and to be left without a roof over their head. It has huge costs both commercially - but also human, he says to Ekstra Bladet.