the Outbreak of the coronavirus has given the lower activity in the Copenhagen Airport.
It now gets to the airport to send up to 1500 employees home over the next few weeks. It is disclosed in a communication from the Copenhagen Airport.
In total, the airport, 2600 employees. It is thus more than half of which will be sent home the next time.
Copenhagen Airport informs that the repatriation of employees is done gradually and in line with that operating activities will be reduced.
In connection with the repatriation, will the airport make use of the lønkompensationsordning, as presented by the government together with the social partners.
- We are currently handling a very unusual and serious crisis for the airport, says ceo Thomas Woldbye.
- in addition to it, we can do yourself to operate at a lower rate, it is positive that the government together with the social partners, has launched a solution, involving the possibility of a salary to employees.
- It helps us navigate a little more long-term and work diligently to avoid redundancies during the crisis, says the director.
the Repatriation of employees, according to several airlines have suspended several flights and also sent the staff home.
Also here, it happens in order to adapt to the lower activity, such as the spread of coronavirusset has brought.
Sunday informed the SAS, which is one of the most active airlines at the airport, that it sends up to 4000 employees home in Denmark.
- Although many airlines are in the process of closing down large parts of their operations in Copenhagen Airport, we have airport is an important task to maintain the operation and ensure that samfundsnødvendige aircraft movements, including freight.
- Our primary focus is to make sure that the actions we do now, does not provide lasting damage to our ability to quickly get back into the normal operation when the situation requires it, says Thomas Woldbye.
Already in the course of the next days waiting for the Airport to align its operation after that far fewer flights will be carried out.
already have coronaudbruddet meant that the passenger traffic has fallen by up to 70 percent. The airport expects that number will rise the next days.