Christianitterne rolled even shut-off the tape off, en freetown on Saturday was shut down because of the coronavirussen. It happened at the tolvtiden under the high sun, where the residents even put up fences at the entrances - without the police, incidentally, was to see someone else.
In the course of the morning looked like Christiania, and in particular Pusher Street otherwise themselves. People sat and enjoyed the sun, and in the stands, they stood close and acted. In addition to the individual comments that 'we must not get too close' and 'I can't hug you' seemed everyday life in this small pocket of Denmark not to be affected by the pandemic.
And just the many people and the fear of the corona is the reason that a joint meeting has chosen to close to visitors.
- We close the completely with fences and guards. There are too many guests, and they sit everywhere, informed the spokesperson Hulda Mader.
Photo: Anthon Unger
It all happened in good order. Even before the fences were set up properly, rushed people in and out. An older man in a wheelchair came, however, too late, and asked what he should do.
'You must call the brown messengers' came the reply from a woman who was about to put the fence up.
'What is the number?', he asked back.
she knew not, though.
Photo: Anthon Unger
the Closure of Christiania also means that dealers must find other places to make money.
- There is no doubt that those who now do not stand inside Pusher Street, is profithungrende drug dealers. They will try to earn money in a different way, but if we can ascertain that there is a increased cannabis trade elsewhere, so we will obviously deal with it, says vicepolitiinspektør by the Copenhagen Police and the head of the Operational Centre, Lars-Ole Karlsen.
- Are there areas In the keeps a particularly close eye with?
- We are reminded of what is going on in the whole of Copenhagen to see whether there would be a revival anywhere. The other times, Pusher Street has been closed, we have seen attempts of sales in the areas around Christiania, and it keeps we also, of course, an eye on.
- In this context we would also ask people to help the police. If you look, what recalls the drug trade, then one should finally report it to the police on 114 or via email, reads it from the vicepolitiinspektøren, that eventually encourages the criminals to follow the guidelines and council, which both the authorities and the queen has come up with:
- Wash hands, keep distance, avoid physical contact and stay at home! So will a great many problems to be solved.