The extensive decommissioning of Denmark because of coronaviruses makes it impossible for a large number of Danish athletes to train normally.
depending on the type of sport is genen larger or smaller, but for the vast majority means the closure of the halls, clubs and so on, that must be throttled down significantly for the training volume.
For elitesportsfolk is diet a big part of being able to perform, but with coronavirusudbruddet and the lower volume of training must the athletes to remember to put the diet on.
It says ernæringsfysiolog at Team Denmark Majke Jørgensen.
- the Vast majority must change in their diet. Especially those who usually have a high volume of training and konditionspræget training. For example if you are used to two-three hours of badminton plus strength training, and now suddenly can only hjemmestyrketræne, so it plays a role, she says.
- So you must take less energy and less carbohydrate in particular. Otherwise the weight will simply increase. You will be able to maintain lean muscle mass, but fedtmassen will increase if you eat it, you usually do.
She says that they still need to eat many meals during the day, but they must be composed differently.
- The total daily energy intake should be less. They have actually in use for the same amount of protein and roughly the same amount of fat, but the amount of carbohydrate should be lowered, when you have less volume of training, explains Majke Jørgensen.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Picture: John Hertz/COLOURBOX
When the body gets less inboard than it used to be, so you will experience hunger. It will be the athletes also with the modified diet, but they have to endure the hunger, as the reduction in carbohydrate intake leads to a start.
It is a mental barrier, which only gets bigger by the fact that most are caught in their own company for the time being.
- Many of them will come to having to live with a little hunger. And that will for many also be a mental thing with that one bit bored, and it may well trigger it a bit more. So as to make kedsomhedsspisning, says ernæringsfysiologen.
- It is hard mentally for them, it here. You can be sad, frustrated, sad and lonely, and for someone will it affect how you eat.
She understands that the athletes here at the start have the focus somewhere else. Right now it is very much about how they get trained the best possible way out from the conditions.
But if the current state in Denmark lasts for a longer period of time, so it is important to get thought diet check. Otherwise one can easily be put back once you return to normal training.
- Within some weeks or a month if you are not aware of the diet, it may well achieve to have got a pretty big impact, if you just eat as you usually do, turns Majke Jørgensen fixed.
Several have, however, tried it before, so she hopes that the ballast can help.
- part of the athletes have tried to be inside of an injury hit part, where they have not been able to train as normal. And many will have a diet plan that they have tried to eat after taking damage, she says.
Sports and Games All sport is cancelled: How to calm your withdrawal symptoms
Sports and Games Debriefing from Melbourne: F1 stands in shit to the neck