Ten games in the octagonal MMA-ring and ten victories.
this is the sound of the accounts, after that the Danish Mark O. Madsen on the night of Sunday defeated american Austin Hubbard on points at the 'UFC 248' in Las Vegas.
A victory that opens the door for new UFC-adventure, but was also paid for with blood, sweat and tears.
'Pain is temporary, pride lasts forever', he wrote of himself on Instagram after the brutal showdown.
And the pain does not go away right away, for Mark O. Madsen, who broke his jaw in two places along the way.
- It is torn down by the chin, and when we are talking together now, I can feel the teeth rubbing against each other, he tells the daily telegraph over the phone from Nevada.
Mark O. Madsen broke the jaw on the way to the victory. Photo:Stephen R. Sylvanie/Ritzau Scanpix
there was Therefore also the limits of the celebration of the great victory, immediately after the triumph went to the hospital, where the damage was examined.
Knoglebruddet is not, however, gone beyond the mood. Even if, it will be felt in the coming time.
- I have it simply great. Now, I fly home to Denmark on Monday, where I should check for a check, and so I expect that I must have the wires in the mouth the next six weeks.
In contrast to Madsen's UFC debut in Copenhagen, which was completed in the first place, had the dane this time through the three grueling rounds, where he won the first two convincingly, before he was pushed violently in the past.
- Austin Hubbard is a big fight, there has been the champion of Legacy (Legacy Fighting Alliance, red.), which is the third-largest MMA league in the UNITED states after the UFC and Bellator. And before the match we knew that it would be a big challenge, says Mark O Madsen.
- But it is the matches I most appreciated, because it is there, you are tested for real and learn the most about themselves.
And one thing he has learned is that he ended up on the right shelf in his late career transition from wrestling to MMA.
I became clearer on what I can and what I need to be better. But now I can make it clear that I belong in the UFC .
Now, Mark O. Madsen chasing new udfodringer, but what will be the next step.
- It is a good question. My first fight was the 'co-main event' in Copenhagen. My second was on american pay-per-view, so what should happen then? he asks, and delivers even the answer.
- I shall continue the trend, and be the best version of myself I can be - and so, I would like to avoid to break the jaw in the future, adds the Danish MMA success, who are ready for even greater challenges in the future.
See also: Big drama at the hospital after the victory
See also: Mark O. Madsen will keep the record and wins the UFC-fight
See also: Mark O's training camp spoiled by infection