the Government's new hastelov, which must be at least the spread of infection of coronavirussen, has caused a storm of complaints to the Parliamentary Ombudsman from inmates and their relatives.
It confirms the special consultant Ulla Frederiksen to Ekstra Bladet.
- There are really many complaints, and they have come in the last days, says Ulla Frederiksen on the reactions after the new hastelov, which came into force on Wednesday at 10 o'clock.
At the Probation has hasteloven, which requires butikslukninger and prohibit assemblies of over ten people, led to massive changes in the prisoners ' daily lives.
the Law means, among other things, to Probation from a 'precautionary approach' has the opportunity to shut down completely for the visit of their button 4000 prisoners, as well as to restrict or cancel the prisoner's end of the year and community.
the Ombudsman of personal reasons not to deepen the complainants ' individual content.
- But all relate to the new measures in connection with the covid-19 including also besøgsforbuddene, says Ulla Frederiksen.
the Parliamentary Ombudsman takes the only position on legal issues and is able to express criticism and recommend the authorities to deal with a specific case again and possibly change their decision, but the ombudsman may not even take decisions.
- The new hastelov is inherently also new for us. So we must first see if there is a decision in each case behind the complaint, and from there put into the new law, to see if the law, then it is managed correctly, says Ulla Frederiksen.
Already, the law's implementation on Wednesday said the Prison security chief Lars Brysting to the DR, that they were aware of the impact it could have for the inmates.
- So we also look at what you can do to facilitate their everyday life and take the pressure of the prison population, said Lars Brysting.
In connection with the coronapandemien is the Probation also been contacted by several defence lawyers, who on behalf of their clients want a strafafbrydelse or early release.
- the Requests are due to health risks, and they are treated according to the generally applicable rules, say legal clerk in the Probation Hjalte Dalsgaard Mills.
In advance of sitting 20-25 inmates, according to Probation in isolation, because they have shown symptoms of the coronavirus.