Valencian hotels meet the forecast and register a summer

The Hosbec hotel association has updated the hotel occupancy figures and, with them in hand, they assure that the Valencian Community has already overcome the Covid crisis and that "tourism is behaving as usual again and with the strength and drive of first economic sector of activity".

NewsEditor
NewsEditor
18 August 2022 Thursday 17:59
24 Reads
Valencian hotels meet the forecast and register a summer

The Hosbec hotel association has updated the hotel occupancy figures and, with them in hand, they assure that the Valencian Community has already overcome the Covid crisis and that "tourism is behaving as usual again and with the strength and drive of first economic sector of activity".

This is good news for a sector so hit by the restrictions of the pandemic that it thus meets all forecasts. The first fortnight of August has ended with data equal to that of 2019 in all destinations of the Valencian Community, they point out from the business association.

The HOSBEC president has been very graphic. “Tourism is not afraid of inflation, demonstrating its extraordinary capacity for resilience. Not even in the period of the highest price of the entire season and certainly in history, has it been held back by the bad economic news that we read and hear every day" Toni Mayor has indicated.

The forecast indicates that August will end with average occupancies above 90% throughout the month, and many hotels will have hung the full sign in various periods of the summer.

Benidorm and Valencia are the preferred destinations for the international market. At both points, foreign tourists account for around 50% of the market, while domestic tourists have chosen Costa Blanca and Castellón preferentially, with a market share of 70% and 85%, respectively.

The province of Castellón also stands out, closing the most buoyant fortnight of the year with 91.2% and exceeding the data collected during the second fortnight of July by six points.

Of the total volume of tourists staying in hotels, the predominant one, as in the previous fortnights, is the national market, which represents 85.8%. The remaining 14.2% belongs to international tourism, led by the French market with 4.5%.

Visit València has carried out a survey whose data shows that the city maintains its tourist attraction. Thus, in the month of August the city's hotels are registering very positive occupancy figures. The August bridge, between August 12 and 15, the average occupation has been 94%, increased to 96% on Saturday August 13.

“València has become one of the main engines of tourist attraction in the territory. The occupancy data, which we continuously analyze, exceed the forecasts made at the beginning of the month and reach figures above 90%. This is, without a doubt, good news for the tourism sector which, if the trend continues, will close the summer with records similar to those of 2019”, highlighted Emiliano García, Councilor for Tourism and Internationalization.

With regard to the provisional data for July, the Visit València survey reveals an occupancy rate of 87.4%. It should be noted that the occupancy forecast at the beginning of that month fluctuated around 75%, a figure that is growing thanks to last-minute reservations. The average price of a hotel room has reached 122.80 euros, 12% higher than the figures for 2019. The average income per available room, what hoteliers call REVPAR, amounts to 108.10 euros, which represents an increase of 8% compared to the 2019 financial year, the one before the pandemic.

Comments

Warning!

You have to login for comment. If you are not a member? Register now.

Login Sign Up