The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office stated that deputies responded to a 911 call in the Venice house on Jan. 8 soon before 5:00 p.m. and found the boy unconscious and not breathing.
The officers assisted the Sarasota County Fire Department at the scene.
In line with the sheriff's office, 33-year-old Kaitlyn Van Dorn said that the boy had picked up an unidentified item from the floor and put it in his mouth before stumbling, becoming limp and losing awareness.
"When we get there, the female suspect who's in the home states,'He put something in his mouth while we're on a stroll, I don't understand exactly what it was,'" Sarasota County Sheriff's Office community affairs director Kaitlyn Perez told Fox News. "The place is kind of known for narcotics usage, therefore EMF decided to deploy Naloxone three times on the tiny boy. And, thank God they did because he recovered full consciousness, was awake and really, very attentive."
Naloxone is designed to reverse the effects of an esophageal disorder.
The child was then taken to the hospital for further tests.
Van Dorn also stated that the boy had been picking up stones using a teal bucket and might have picked up a needle cap that she had"swatted from his mouth" though deputies were unable to find the drug paraphernalia.
Upon returning to the home, Van Dorn found the bucket behind a closed door and deputies found a silver spoon and tissue inside. The spoon afterwards tested positive for both cocaine and fentanyl.
Van Dorn's spouse, 34-year-old Blake Pavey, said that he had been sleeping and didn't go on a stroll together with Van Dorn and the boy, but encouraged his spouse's story.
"He corroborates her story and says,'Yeah, I saw her run through into the house, the baby unconscious, she threw the bucket down by the door and called 911.' He kind of corroborate the story," Perez explained.
The relationship between the kid and the pair wasn't released by authorities as a result of legal constraints.
"Then, we looked through video at various homes and businesses nearby to see what time she went to the walk. Did we see in which the child picked something up? None of it ever happened. She went on a walk. We are 100% sure on this," she explained. "So, we are convinced that he ingested the cocaine within the house sooner or later."
Perez reported that she does not know whether the incident was intentional.